Sunday, November 27, 2011
The power of Unconscious language
How we can help our kids to have more fun (at school)?
We live in a world where we constantly receive suggestions, although we hardly pay attention to them, it is worth being aware of these suggestions since they have a powerful effect on our lives.
I am not talking about suggestions where someone tells you, "I suggest you do this", or, "You know, you should do this or try that", those are the kind that would be very obvious to us and we would know whether to accept them or reject them.
Suppose you are chatting with a friend one morning and you're friend says something like "this is going to be one of those sucky boring days"...
Unless you in your mind are consciously aware of what is going on, you may end up taking on your friends suggestion.
Of course it could work the other way too. "Today is going to be one of those fun days....or....relaxing days....interesting days etc..., you may likely take on that suggestion.
The reason is because it is unconscious, and we are not paying attention to everything that is going on.
It is a suggestion because the person says, today is going to be....,they did not say for who, why, when specifically (morning, afternoon etc..).
Therefore it could be considered an indirect suggestion.
The interesting (and sometimes scary) thing is, the more subtle the suggestion is, the more chance the other person may accept it.
(Obviously it would depend on the level of connection and trust between the individuals at the time the suggestion was given.)
Often, when I drop my children of at school, I overhear parents telling their children "Rachel, have fun in school today, okay?".
Somehow I wish I could tell them to leave out that "okay?", it could be so much more powerful if they let the suggestion float.
(Understandably, these parents are well intentioned when they say it and they want their child to know how much they love them etc...and they like to see the response from the child).
So right now for you this is not a suggestion or a recommendation..
but.... Have a wonderful, fun, warm, relaxing, pleasant, beautiful, peaceful, calm, loving and blessed Week.
Best Wishes, Menachem Schloss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment